Thursday, November 11, 2010

Right where I am

I live in NC. I have purpose here. Sometimes I wonder though. I am homesick, to the point of breathlessness right now. How is it, when life is already so short my family is somehow called to be on the other side of the country?


Many are the plans in a person’s heart, but it is the LORD’s purpose that prevails. Proverbs 19:21
I think that says it all.


When I realize that as I go about my life with my heart being fully committed to God and focused on Him then even when I feel purposeless His plans are prevailing.
I have these times when I question and doubt and wonder how this little seemingly insignificant life I lead has any purpose but thats just it, my heart is truly devoted to God and if this is where He wants me, doing just what I am doing right now then OK!
I think too often we compare ourselves with what others are doing. We sit and think well Christine Caine has been ministering in 4 countries in the last 2 weeks, or Francis Chan is starting yet another church in California and Nicky Cruz just had his 2,000th crusade. But I/you haven't been called to be Christine, Francis or Nicky. I've been called to be ME! I have to remind myself that just because I am not jet setting around the globe that somehow my life isn't as significant. God loves me and can use me right where I am as long as my heart is devoted to Him for His purposes and not my own.



2 comments:

ishybeanie said...

my opinion about that is, you have one life, know one knows what the after life will bring us. nothing is more important than family. i personally am so much happier being closer to my family. I hope you are happy with what ever happens in life. miss you

Shirley said...

Oh, knowing God for sure gives us assurance of what the after life will bring us! And when we love Him even more than our own family, He gives us the wisdom and the understanding of our responsibility to raise up our children to then also love Him more than anyone or anything else! When you are a mom as you are, Rachel, and you are totally devoted to Him, your children will get the very best you have to give ... and that makes your life one of great significance! As you said, "as long as my heart is devoted to Him for HIS purposes and not my own!" Nothing ... no, nothing ... is more important than knowing God our Heavenly Father and being obedient to Him! Oh, the coffee is good this morning!