Friday, September 12, 2008

A Wal-mart Friend

Sometimes you just need a friend to go and tolerate Wal-mart with you...I am thankful Debra is that kind of friend. In Florida I was blessed with a super Target down the street from my house so I didn't have to endure the stress of Wal-mart. In case you aren't familiar Super Target is clean, has large aisles, is free from clutter, quiet, never busy, no lines (except at Christmas) basically all the things Wal-mart is not. Well, the little town I love only has a Wal-mart so I must again endure the pain and suffering of shopping there in order to feed my family (insert dramatic sigh here). The last couple days have been a little stressful and I have been struggling to keep my head above water. Today, when Debra called and asked what I was doing and I told her she just offered to go and endure with me. I was so blessed you have no clue. I don't think she really understands what it meant to me that she went. Just a quick background...I have only known Debra since I started at my new Starbucks only 3 months ago but she has already proved to be a friend. Someone you know you can talk to and trust. Someone who will be honest with you, someone who likes you for you. She is awesome. I hope you are blessed with a Debra in your life.



2 comments:

One Man's Struggle To Take It Easy said...

Wow are you beautiful, I am blessed to have you!

Josh and Laurie said...

I have a Wal-Mart companion too - he's called insane. I put him on whenever I walk into the door. If someone in the store annoys me they take a good look at my eyes and see that I'm capable of anything. Don't mess with me and my can of mace while in Wal-mart. He, too, comes out (or very close to hand) at Wallyworld. I go every other Thursday morning and once in between. We should shop together!