Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Thankfulness Challenge in one fell swoop...

All my peeps on Facebook are doing the Thankfulness Challenge. One thing a day they are thankful for till the end of the month. Last year I did it no problem. When I saw it start again on the 1st I thought OK, I'm going to do this but then the 2nd, the 3rd & the 4th happened and now here we are and its the 27th. 
To combat the feeling of being behind and because I am truly so thankful I decided a blog post would catch me up and finish it out.
1. Thankful for the gift of Salvation.
2. For the gift of learning and growing in God and becoming better and more like Him every year. 
3. For extended family. Even though we rarely see each other, its nice knowing they are there. 
4. My husband. Truly a gift to me from God. A rare gem. B has taught me so much in our 18 years together and I'm hoping God will grant us another 40 or more. 
5. Each one of my boys. They are all different and they have each taught me more than they know. I am so thankful they allow me to make mistakes and still love me. 
6. My daughter. Yesterday marked one year since we were officially matched. As most of you know we were in love with her and praying for her long before that date. I am so thankful God chose her for our family. 
7. The Word. I am thankful for truth. For absolute truth and I pray I never deviate from God's word and all He teaches us in it. 
8. Stuff. Car, house, clothes, food, etc. I am thankful for what I have and am learning to be content in just that!
9. Friends. Having lived in so many places throughout my life I am thankful for the friendships that still exist no matter the miles or time. That is a true gift. 
10. My church/Pastor. I don't take for granted the freedom I have in being able to attend without fear of persecution. My Pastor preaches truth. He stands for truth and he stands for all things righteous. He does not water down scripture and for that I am truly thankful.
11. Health. There are so many struggling with this right now. I cherish mine. 
12. Memories. I miss my mom and am thankful for photos and memories that help me keep her memory alive especially during tough times. 
13. Jobs. My hubby has a good job which allows me to do my job at home. Which leads me to...
14. Staying home & homeschooling. I knew I wanted to be a SAHM but never imagined I would homeschool. I am truly thankful for the chance to do it and have grown to love it more and more every year. 
15. Bless others. I am thankful for the chance to bless others. Whether it be my time, money or words of encouragement I am thankful for the opportunities God gives me. 
16. Adoption. I pray we get to do it again.
17. Social Media. In the blogging/adoption world I have made friends with women, some of whom I may never ever meet but at least one of those interactions has turned into an amazing friendship (cheri). So thankful for that!
18. Down time. We all need it and there are days I choose to embrace it without guilt. 
19. The holidays, especially Christmas. I just love this time of year and am choosing joy right now despite some heartbreak. 
20. The beach, the mountains, God's creations. I am truly in awe of my Creator even when I just look outside my window. He is truly magnificent. 
21. Laundry/cleaning. Its never ending but when I'm doing it I am reminded that my house is full of people to clean up after and so I smile and say "thank you".
22. Trials. I won't lie its hard to thankful for hard times but I know those hard times are what grow me and make me better. 
23. Surrogate family. God has placed so many people in our life to pick up the slack. These people treat us like their family and bless us so much. 
24. Surrogate moms. I have had so many of these since my mom died. Every younger woman needs someone like this is their life. Titus 2:3-5
I pray I have the chance to do the same for someone. 
25. Sunshine. There is nothing like the sun on my face or seeing it stream in through the windows. 
26. Home. Coming home is a treat every single day. Our home is unique and we live in the country and even though visitors are rare I wouldn't trade where we live. 
27. Today. This is the day that the Lord has made. I will rejoice and be glad in it. Ps. 118:24
28. USA. I may not be an American but I am thankful to live in this country. 
29. Canada. My nationality. O CANADA WE STAND... I don't think I remember anymore. HA
30. A time to come together and be thankful. To be reminded that I shouldn't need a holiday to be thankful. I am learning (slowly) to be thankful constantly. That by whispering what I am thankful for throughout my day I am praying without ceasing. For all God has done for me and my family. For all He will continue to do. For His grace and mercy in my life. I love God and am so thankful He sent His Son Jesus to die for me. I didn't deserve it and most days don't deserve it but I am thankful its not about what I do but about what He did. I am clean and guiltless because of His sacrifice. 

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!

No comments: