Sunday, May 30, 2010

Sometimes He calms the storm, sometimes He calms His child.

We are doing a series at Church called Miracles. One of the tag lines is Sometimes He calms the storm and sometimes He calms His child. There has already been a storm since re-opening our adoption. Details aren't necessary because it takes away from God's power to calm any situation. In times past I would have broken under crushing news that meant things weren't going my way. Not this time. We received said crushing news on Thursday and we were both disappointed. I text a friend of mine to let her know I needed her to pray but my spirit felt crushed. For a brief moment my hope wavered. I asked myself, "God did we miss it?" "I know you said now is the time, what is going on?" I didn't know what to think, how to feel or what would be the next step. It didn't help that our adoption consultant seemed less than interested in our plight. But GOD. Its the only thing I needed to be reminded this journey wasn't about us. It was about HIM. His plan was the only plan that mattered. His will was the only one I wanted to be in. He birthed this dream in our heart because its part of His dream for humanity. That we wouldn't forget the orphans, the widows or the less fortunate. Hope is alive and His name is Jesus.

No comments: