Tuesday, June 04, 2013

Tick tock, tick tock...

This is the sound I hear silently in my head.

It is the sound letting me know that time is running out.

It is a sound that, if I let it, would torment me day and night. The truth is there aren't going to be enough days or hours left to get everything done before we leave.

But...I will be fine. I refuse to stress and I refuse to lose my joy.

What doesn't get done wasn't that important to begin with. And as long as we have the right paperwork in hand, I am sure we can buy there whatever we forget.

Another way I can tell we are so close is all my crazy dreams. Dreams of meeting her, dreams of her being older, or a boy, not to mention all the packing dreams. Crazy right?! I haven't had any airplane or flying dreams though and for that I am thankful.

My only hope from this point out is that God's glory continue to be revealed. That no matter what obstacles we face while traveling or in country that we remember who is in control and rest in that.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In other news Brian and I had our 18th anniversary yesterday. Considering how we started, it's pretty impressive. Readers digest is this: 8 weeks into dating including 3 planning the wedding we said "I do" I had a 20 month old and we both had so much baggage we could sink the titanic.
But God...(have you noticed I say that a lot) he intervened and after months of counseling decided not only did we fall in love, but we liked each other too. The growth has never stopped. Jesus is the answer every time.



The yard sale that was just going to be small and unassuming has grown by epic proportions. We are now having it at the church bc there is so much stuff and it's still coming in. People's generosity overwhelms me. I am sure my friend Mollie is laughing right now considering at one point I was never going to do one of these, let alone 2!!!!

Today is our last day of end of grade testing and no one is happier than the boys. I'm giving them 2 weeks of do-whatever-you-want-and-I-won't-complain then it's back to some sort of order. They both worked very hard this year and I'm so proud of them. They deserve a little chill time!!!

Well, for me it's off to finish testing them then start all my work. And there is a lot!!!

Blessings to you and thanks for the prayers. Keep 'em coming. We're not home yet.

1 comment:

Cheri said...

I had weird dreams too! Eva wasn't my Eva. She looked different and was almost 20! Crazy!! Enjoy the next week +. After that it will never be the same...

And wow! Happy Anniversary!! I'd love to hear more to that story one day.