Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Not Wavering

Once we knew we were approved I called our agency to ask about how long it would take to receive our adoption agreement. She explained it would be in the mail right away and so me, being the impatient one I am got frustrated when it didn't show up the next day. Is this in God's hands or not ? I reminded myself it was and even though I looked for it daily I was fine when it didn't come.

More donations came in and Brian and I tried to sync our calendars to have our first fund raiser but between all the baseball games, cross country meets, church responsibilities and work it seemed like we never going to get started. Finally, a date worked for both and so we are happy to say Saturday November 10th we will be having our first fund raiser. YAY! Don't know where or what time yet but we'll let you know.

So, one of the main reasons for this blog was to help us somehow network with other families also on this journey and to tell you the truth this was my main concern. I know we have people who are supporting us and are praying us through etc. but there is something about being on the same road as someone else and having that connection no one else quite gets. So, here's the exciting part...one of my Starbucks regulars Kelli, and her husband Dean are on this journey also. They already got their LID (log in date, meaning their dossier has been accepted by the Chinese gov and they are on the list for their referral) so they are about 6 months ahead of us but that doesn't matter. Kelli and I have spoken a couple of times and it's so refreshing to hear of someone else's journey and to know we can walk the road together. Thank you God.

Ok, back to waiting. Saturday it came and I was thrilled. It's huge, so much paperwork. We only have 60 days to get it back to our agency and still haven't raised the rest of the 700 we need to sign the agreement. Not only that but since I allowed my permanent residency card (green card, which by the way is pink) to expire I just had to spend 370 dollars to apply for a new one. I was so angry with myself. But as Brian constantly says...IT IS WHAT IT IS!!!!! I talked to our agency and they said it wouldn't hold us up at all.

What does this have to do with the title? I'm not going to lie, I was wavering. Yes, already. I was upset with myself I had to spend money we didn't have and wondering if I was making all this up in my head. Last night during my quiet time the Lord led me to this scripture
Romans 4:20-21 ~ Yet he did not waver through unbelief regarding the promise of God, but was strengthened in his faith and gave glory to God,
being fully persuaded that God had power to do what he had promised. I am not going to waver, His promises are true and His desire has become our desire to bring our little girl home. I was reminded of this again in our devotion with the kids this morning. It spoke of a tightrope walker and asked the question why didn't he fall when everyone was screaming and applauding for him? The answer- because he was focused and therefore able to keep his balance. It's the same for us or anyone on any kind of journey. Our focus has to be on God and what His promises have already told us not on the circumstances of money or time.
Jeremiah 29:12-14 ~Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you," declares the LORD, "and will bring you back from captivity.

I know I say this a lot but thanks for being on this journey with us. Blessings.

No comments: